Monday, October 17, 2005

My Fiance and I


My fiancee and I met about 3 and a half years ago, he was working at a call centre and I called one day, we became friends and started a serious relationship almost 2 years ago. On 21st January 2005 he proposed on a horse-drawn carriage after dinner at Crown.

The photo above was taken a couple of years ago at a club.

He was born in Trinidad, came to Australia when he was 14; I was born in Indonesia, my parents are Chinese, I left when I was 8 to study in Singapore for 3 years before moving to Melbourne permanently with my Mum.

Both of us are Australian, we've been here many years and even have Aussie accents, we follow AFL (He barracks for Collingwood, I go for Melbourne) and Cricket. Most of our friends and co-workers are Caucasian and we're very appreciative of their support.

At the same time, we recognise that we were born coloured, and with it comes a cultural heritage. Surprisingly, we share a lot of common values. Hence, although Blasian couples like us are rare, people shouldn't be surprised that these things happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trini Peach said...

cool

4:04 pm  
Blogger Trini Peach said...

Just wanted to say that I think this post is cool. Best of luck. Hoep things are well.

4:04 pm  
Blogger Zen said...

You guys are cute!
Best wishes.

we are the world!

4:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful couple.
Best wishes on your future.

Thanks for sharing.

7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home